Sunday, December 2, 2012

Decking My Halls with a Southwest Flair

Day 2
"Decking My Halls"

When Phil and I first built our home in 1999 
we really enjoyed the Southwest design style.
So, a few holiday ideas brought to you from the desert!






A different year...a different southwest mantel.
The tile picture is from Mexico.





Then the southwest moved to top of my china cabinet 
in the dining room and I added adobe houses.
Move decorations around, switch out a few things
and get a new look and feel. 




Here a beautiful Southwest picture hangs
over the dining room sideboard.
It's fun to replace a wall picture with something
that goes with your decorating theme!




A prize possession is my porcelain, suntan Santa
BFF, Shirley, made for me (from kiln to clothes) 
Santa always has a special place at Christmas.
Santa sits in front of my quilt...
"A Holiday Chorus" 



Where do you live and do you bring that area's style
into your Holiday Decorating?




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kathy! I love your decorating style and want to thank you for sharing it. I have a collection of snowmen decorations and white snowflake ornaments & trims that I leave out all winter since I live in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all. How wonderful to have that hand-made Santa from your friend. Well, we just moved to Colorado from long years in Florida, so the bits of flamingo Christmas we mixed with traditional Christmas will look a little out of place here. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfu.Love your decoration.This year we haven`t decide what to put but sure as every year, our traditional tree and adoration.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.