Wednesday, February 25, 2015

RAINBOWS END NEVER ENDS!

Each time I am in Florida I try to visit...


My Kwilty Partner in Crime, Kathy Guenther
and I made a "Thelma and Louise" trip to  Dunnedin
to shop at the largest LQS in Florida!

Kathy's first visit...and I have been here many times.
Check out this previous post.
I was pleasantly surprised to see 
a good selection of modern designer fabrics.

Zen Chic  - Sphere
...drooling


Cotton & Steel


more Cotton & Steel 
and Liberty of London



FQs were $3.00 each
so I grabbed some C & S that spoke to me


  
More C & S 
and Prisma Elements by AFG



This Geofabulous bundle Maude Asbury's  
was just irresistible!



What to make?  Don't know yet...but
it is colorful party just waiting to happen.



A great assortment of "low volume" fabrics
from many great designers


A "rainbow" of  FQs on display


Pretty modern designed kwilts on display



Yes they still have a sale room with spectacular bargains.
I managed to filter out these fun $2.00 FQs



 I returned home and began refolding my FQs and found
 odd little stickers placed inside each.
Maybe they are anti-theft stickers and shoot dye 
all over the fabric if someone tries to steal them?


The next best stop in Dunnedin is the harbor/marina
Check out this fun guy who greets you!



 Thelma and Louise had a great road trip, 
We were able to have a great time, avoided arrest and 
didn't have to pull our weapons on anyone! 
Yes, there were a few Brad Pitt types spotted along the route
but what happens on the road...stays on the road!



7 comments:

  1. Those little tags on the fabrics look are just like the ones used in the books and AV materials at the library. But with the library they have all the information embedded in them such as which library it belongs to, if there is a hold on it, the patron who checked it out, etc. I wonder if those on the fabrics are embedded with that information so they scan the fabric when purchased and it does all the inventory at the same time? Rather costly to have such set up in a quilt shop though. Looks like a fun shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun trip - you picked up some beautiful souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Gorgeous fabrics. Real love the Asbury line of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like heaven in store....Lol...I know that was sew much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Asbury fabric is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you make with it. The shop looks wonderful, and glad that you two didn't have to make the life choice to fly off a cliff. Wait! Are there any cliffs in Florida? Thanks for sharing and it looks like you had a marvelous time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now I have to get me some of that Geofabulous line. I really love it. And I'm coming with you to the next time. I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shop! There is nothing like seeing gorgeous fabrics in person... And lots of them. Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.