Monday, July 13, 2015

BLACK MOUNTAIN PETE

Black Mountain, NC (just outside Asheville, NC) 
is an amazing place!
Beauty of the mountains surround it
and artists' works fill it!


My friend on IG @stephanieh1971
told me about this YARN SHOP...



My time here began with a great lunch here!

   
Hand Crafted Beer...mmmmm


Right next door was a FABULOUS YARN SHOP!
 Get ready to drool!





Stylin by the fibers!

 Take note of the folks sitting and knitting....
do you see him?


Meet Pete, 83 years young 
and has been stitching since the 40s....
He explained that he learned very young, then
the war, job and marriage became his priorities.
This day he was making a lace shawl
Everything he makes he gives away
especially items for charities...


The owner, Donna Farrow, winding my yarn
I found in the GREAT sale area!
What a sweetheart and made everyone feel like yarn-ing!  
 

Just across the street was Black Mountain QUILTS...
No fabric there..handmade quilts and other goodies.


A few door down....oh yeah! 
More alcohol...



 I didn't have enough time to visit all the unique shops
Sew...Black Mountain...I will be back! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.