Thursday, May 4, 2017

SOMETHING GHASTLIE THIS WAY COMES!



 Alexander Henrys' "Something Ghastlie This Way Comes"
fabric was the last line they released in 2016

At quilt retreat spring, 2016 I made this top
and then it sat and sat...


I finally finished it in April, 2017

I love the pattern by "Side Lights" by Quilting Mountain Creations 
Its great for a large novelty print and fussy cut pieces!




The backing is the very first line of fabric 
released in 2009 called  "The Ghastlies"



I quilting a snakey stitch ...elongated serpentine stitch
with my dual feed foot (or walking foot)
Love the saying...
"The wind is rising The air is wild with Leaves
Now Cometh Octobers Eves"



Take a closer look!
The twins,  Cordelia and Cassius are growing up
Gasper and Mathilda Ghastlie still overseeing
all things Ghastlie, including Sebastian!


Below the gray inner border was simple straight line quilting 
And the sisters Mildred, Magda and Minerva Grislie
are conjuring up something while 
Daria Ghastlie is pondering mystic thoughts
dressed in her mustard gown!


The Sidelight blocks are all fussy cut and I FMQ'd a 
back and forth line.

Gunar Grislie is searching for...
lets leave that to the imagination!


A black binding finished it off




Here are two commissioned  Ghastlie quilts I made using the pattern....
wish I had them in my collection. 

2011 (bad lighting but you get the jest of it)


2013



And for some exciting news....
I am thrilled that my Ghastlie work has now been acknowledged
by The deLeon Design Group (Phillip, Nicole and Marc)
and Alexander Henry Fabrics! What an honor!

I will be posting about this acknowledgement soon!

A new line of Ghastlies will be released at Quilt Market 
Please to to Instagram NOW and follow me
@kwiltypleasures
@alexanderhenryfabrics and @theghastlies












2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are great! So glad the Alexander Henry folk love them too! Kwilt on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, I like.....as I'm sure you knew I would. And I'm excited to hear there is more coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.