Monday, June 26, 2017

FANCY FOREST

I never jump on the bandwagon as soon as a pattern comes out.
I have to look at it and let it simmer in my mind
to make sure I want to give it a try.
Like the Elizabeth Hartman patterns.

I need some new pieces for a quilt show coming November 2017.
MY own show, a local garden has asked me to do!
More on that later!

Sew...I pulled some fabrics...


to make this up in a wall hanging size!



 These orange and green colors are
very forestry...in my minds eye!


Selecting the background was the hardest...
as all 3 could work!



Lots of cutting and bagging plus I found...
a new use for Wonder Clips


I enjoy auditioning the colors...for a green owl!



and an orange owl!



The firefly has to most pieces...
should be an interesting sew!


 For now they are all packaged up in little kits!
I want to make a small design board to keep the pieces on
as I sew the blocks together.



I like these and the free tutorial I found here
from Bee in my Bonnet.

Gonna make one animal at a time 
sew not to exasperate myself!


Til later...I may get lost in the forest!




6 comments:

  1. it looks so complicated best of luck I have every confidence it will be a breeze for you. Love the fabric selection you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a couple of the animals...it is such a cute design, it is worth all the bitty pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How that is one big project to tackle. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started Fancy Forest this week. I purchased the book and It has been on my mind for a long time. The my lqs Village Mercantile offered fat-eights of 40 fabrics so I dove in. They used multiple colors and I really like it. It is a tricky pattern with mirror image angles. At times I was unsewing as much as I was sewing. It is a fun pattern and I hope to finish in a few days for a friend's baby. Your colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been making a few of the blocks from this pattern and it is sew much fun! Your fabric choices look like they will make an awesome quilt! Can't wait to see pictures of your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.