Saturday, May 5, 2018

WHO SHARES YOUR BIRTHDAY?

A good friend told me, at a recent birthday gathering,
that her sister was a first time grandma!
The baby boy was born on my birthday.

Without a moments hesitation I said,
"I must give him one of my quilts".

Arthur Jack Good was born May 1 2018
I was born May 1, 1951

I made this quilt several years ago.
It has been in a storage tub, just waiting for the 
perfect baby to receive it!


Alexander Henry car fabrics...
but I don't remember the name.

''

And the backing was stash fabric
and worked out just fine.



I used a brown thread for a meandering FMQ design.
And addied some large ric rack as sensory tabs
for the baby to play with.


I used my Bernina text capability to add the baby's name 
and birthdate on the bottom right border.
My name is on the side border.
Makes a quick and easy label.


I also made a card that says...
You and Me....
...share the same birthday!
Added a little personal note inside for the baby
and why I gave him the quilt.



I may never meet "Baby Good", but that is not what matters.
I  "paid it forward" by giving a child a quilt!
Hopefully a cherished treasure for years to come.

And now my friend knows the answer to a question 
she has asked more than once. 
"What are you gonna do with all the quilts you make?
😊



2 comments:

  1. The quilt is so cute! If I make a quilt, it's for someone in mind or for family. Wish I had more time to work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky boy! Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.